The role, reporting to the Plant Manager, will be responsible for the following activities:
- Lead the Prevention and Protection Service (SPP) to ensure legal compliance to the Italian Decree 81/08 and s.a.a. (the candidate will be appointed as Head of the Service - RSPP);
- Conduct job exposure analyses to ensure safe work environments according to HSE standards and legal local requirements;
- Monitor the effective implementation of appropriate HSE procedures and provide for their updating in line with changes in legislation and company standards;
- Develop, implement, and administer safety and health programs;
- Maintain the health and safety management system according to ISO 45001:2018 standard;
- Maintain the environmental management system according to ISO 14001:2015 standard;
- Manage facility workplace incident investigations to include responding to and reporting all incidents, incident investigations, determine root cause, establishing recurrence prevention plans, and follow through; recognize and reward input from employees that improve safety and health in the work place;
- Ensure daily, weekly, monthly and annual inspections and audits are completed as necessary to comply with local regulations;
- Maintain relevant HSE logs and documentation;
- Design safety training programs for employee and ensure response to all specific requirements and maintain knowledge of all company safety programs and draft all materials for training programs within required timeframe;
- Oversee waste management system, waste reduction monitoring and ensure regulatory agency compliance, labeling, containments, proper disposal and documentation;
- Lead the WCM (World Class Manufacturing) safety and environmental pillars;
- Maintain relationship with public institutions (Municipality, Province, Region, Local Healthcare Institution, Regional Environmental Protection Agency, Fire Department), also for inspections, requests for authorizations and/or licenses.
Education and experience
The ideal candidate has a degree in Environmental Engineering (or equivalent) and an experience of 5/7 years in the role in manufacturing companies.
Knowledge of health, safety and the environment legislation is required.
English knowledge is a must.
Skills and abilities required
Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
Provide solutions to safety and health issues in a wide variety of areas. Demonstrate successful leadership and guidance of health, safety and environmental management and interaction with all levels of management.
We are committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all people, by offering a work environment accessible, welcoming and inclusive in compliance with legal obligations.
For questions on the application procedure please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org